Grace Adventures Gap Student Program
Ascent: Equipping young adults to climb to new personal heights
The purpose of the Ascent program is to provide High School graduates with a short-term, full-time, real camp ministry experience. That is, they will be equipped both personally and professionally in character based servant leadership. It is our desire that each Ascent student would leave with a better understanding of him or herself, have clear direction of God’s purpose for their life, and an action plan to fulfill that purpose.
The metaphor for this program is simple: As we go through life’s journey, all of us as young adults face a mountain of possibilities. However, no one climbs to greatness by chance. They have to have a clear vision and plan of where they are going. The Ascent program exists to equip young adults with the skills necessary to “climb” and transform their character to sustain them during the “climb” so that they can reach new heights in life’s journey.
1. The primary purpose of working is for personal and professional growth through working in a Christian camping ministry.
2. The student will continue to grow in their Christian walk, Christ-like character, and will have a teachable spirit.
3. The student will live in the community of Grace Adventures and Oceana County by interacting with others at Grace and participating in community events such as a local church.
1. Camp Skills
2. Personal Growth
3. Professional Development
4. Transitional Plan
1. Who – High School Graduates
2. Timeframe – Nine Months (September – May)
3. Cost – $4500 (actual tuition is $9375)
4. Program topics
1. Leadership Development
2. Biblical Worldview
3. Biblical Studies
4. Healthy Relationships
5. Experiential Learning
6. Personal Finances
7. Career Readiness
8. Camp Career Skills